I’m really excited to be going on a NeuroTouch Course run by the NO HANDS Massage Company at Bromsgrove in May (7th-8th). I’m going with my best buddy who is not a massage therapist. This is open to everyone, you don’t need any experience. If you feel that the world is lacking in safe gentle touch, especially after the last 2 years of Covid restrictions, then this could be for you too. You can find more information using the link below, plus there’s a Super Early bird Price if you book before 31st January.
Due to the Omicron Covid Variant spreading so rapidly, mitigation measures have been updated. The latest government guidance is that for Close Contact Services we must wear face masks again.
I have installed a Hepa Filtration System in the treatment room which will be in use throughout your treatment. I will still ventilate the room between sessions, allowing for sufficient time to warm the room up again during the winter!
Because we sit well apart during the consultation I am happy that we can dispense with face masks at this stage. I will wear a mask during your treatment and would ask that you put one on for the part of the treatment when you are face up.
Hand sanitiser will be available at all times. My rigorous cleaning routines will continue as before.
Thank you for your continued co-operation with these measures. Hopefully we can all stay safe and well.
2020 bought unprecedented challenges for us all and for many was the toughest year ever faced. The start of 2021 is no different with another national lockdown to contend with. I believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel with the roll out of the vaccination programme worldwide.
In the meantime if you need some extra support at this difficult time here are some FREE resources for you to help you face whatever challenges lie ahead. Take charge of your health and wellbeing starting here:
Good news! I’m starting to see existing clients again for treatments from August onwards. I’ll review whether I feel OK to see new clients in a month or so.
There will be some limitations which I will now discuss.
- I will only do prone treatments (lying on your abdomen), this means that I will be able to work on your back, backs of legs and soles of feet.
- I will wear a face covering and visor once the treatment begins. Because you will be face-down you won’t need to wear a face covering.
- The consultation chairs will be spaced far enough apart that we can have our initial chat without the need for masks.
- I have a shoulder injury (decorating in lockdown!) so until my shoulder is recovered I will only be able to do light and slow work. Actually I believe this is just the sort of touch that would be most beneficial given the lack of physical contact with other humans we have had since March.
- I will have to allow more time between treatments to “air” the room, do a complete linen change, sanitisation of all surfaces and change of clothes for me.
- Rather than put my prices up to accommodate the extra time needed, I’m going to suggest shortening our sessions by 10 minutes making them 50 minutes instead of 60. I believe that if you use this time to focus on your breath and what’s happening in your body during the treatment, this should allow you to achieve what you want from your treatment anyway, despite a shorter session.
Now more than ever we need to be looking after ourselves – and each other. My trainer, and the founder of NO HANDS Massage (Gerry Pyves) has put together a really great self-healing meditation called The 4 Breaths. You get the THEORY behind why it’s a powerful tool, the PRACTICAL elements of how to make the most of it, plus a 20 minute GUIDED MEDITATION. All for free. All available to use time and time again.
It’s available here: https://nohandsmassage.com/the-self-healing-series-the-4-breaths/
I’ve been using it myself and even on the first day noticed how it was soothing my whole being. And soothing is DEFINITELY where it’s at just now!
I’d love to know how you find the 4-Breaths meditation – please do let me know. And as I come across other tools and resources I think could be helpful for you, I’ll share them here.
That link again to access this FREE resource: https://nohandsmassage.com/the-self-healing-series-the-4-breaths/
All indicators are that the spread of coronavirus, also known as Covid-19, is showing no signs of slowing – in fact it is escalating daily.
Although the chance of fatality from the illness is seemingly quite small, any meeting which brings people into close contact (like a massage session) increases the risk of spreading the infection – and so increasing the risk of passing it on to those who are most at risk, those already ill or vulnerable. Not only does this put them at risk, but it also increases the strain on our already stretched health service.
I am monitoring the situation closely and day by day – at the moment, I’m operating business as close to normal as possible and look forward to seeing you for your next appointment.
Here are some important points however:
• Please don’t be offended, but I will be asking anyone coming for an appointment to also wash their hands on arrival.
• If you have a cold, a sniffle, a cough, fever or are feeling unwell, firstly, I’m sorry to hear it! And secondly, I would ask that you kindly reschedule your appointment so that I can see you when you’re back feeling fighting fit.
• If in the 14 days prior to your appointment you have travelled anywhere abroad, I would ask that you kindly reschedule your appointment here so that I minimise the risk to my more vulnerable clients and their families as much as possible.
• Please keep me informed if you are not going to come for your appointment.
• You will not miss out on your appointment, it is just postponing it until it is safe to meet again. I promise to catch up on all missed appointments so there is no need for you to change your Standing Order.
I will not be taking on any new clients until it is safe to do so.
If and when the time comes that I need to take extra measures, I will do so in the most responsible way as advised by the right authorities.
In the meantime, we all need to optimise our psychological and physical health to boost immunity and overall resilience. Some of my recommendations for your self-care:
• Sleep at least eight hours every night.
• Get regular exercise, preferably outdoors.
• Eat a balanced and healthy diet.
• Double down on your spiritual practices.
• Work with fears as they arise but don’t let them overwhelm you.
• Focus on opportunities, not doomsday scenarios: how can this situation cause positive changes that we and the world need anyway? This keeps us out of a hopeless victim mentality, which is bad for our health.
Stay safe and well and I look forward to seeing you for your next appointment, whenever that may be!
This post was originally written by another Master, Tigger MacGregor, but I thought it summed up what we’re all about here at NO HANDS, that I wanted to share it with you all:
“The approach I practice is called NO HANDS Massage. But don’t let the title deceive you – I do use my hands!
NO HANDS is a zero-strain approach to Massage that evolved as one practitioner’s clinically developed response to the horrendous injury pandemic that continues to afflict the profession. The same pandemic that almost ended my own career in Massage.
However, since then it has evolved into an incredibly potent client-led approach that offers a stunning variety: from the very lightest of Touch to the very deepest structural work, going incredibly slowly or whizzy and fast – and everything in between.
The founder, Gerry Pyves, is both a Massage therapist and qualified psychotherapist and has woven core psychological communication training into NO HANDS as well
Finding the right therapy and the right therapist is a very personal process, and for Massage even more so because the range of experiences is so vast! So the best way to explore whether NO HANDS is for you is to give it a try.
One thing I love about NO HANDS is that it is based on the philosophy that the practitioner does the Massage – and the client does the healing. The treatment you receive is based on what you want, on that day at that time, rather than me trying to “pick for you”. Likewise, what you take from the session will be absolutely unique to you. Clients commonly report freer movement, feelings of lightness or happiness, reduced pain and clarity of thinking – and much more. What you take from your treatment is a mystery we’ll only uncover after the Touch has finished!
The first treatment can often be the hardest to know what to choose – which is why I also have an “Educational Treatment” which covers the four key styles I offer (each of which incorporate different speeds and depths). Having experienced the full range, at subsequent treatments you can then select the style that works best for you on that day – or opt for the Educational Treatment again because you enjoy the variety!
Hopefully that gives you more of an idea of what a treatment with me is like – but please do get in touch with any other questions you have, or to get booked in.”
What Tigger calls her Educational Treatment is my 4Elements Treatment.